Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Enjoy musing with me.

Friday, February 4, 2011

January 30, 2011


Order of Worship
Lord’s Day Morning: Sunday, January 30, 2011

Call to Worship
Welcome.  Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.

Please stand and hear the Word of God from….

Psalm 96:7-9
Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised…
Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples,
ascribe to the Lord glory and strength! 

Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
bring an offering, and come into his courts! 
Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness;
tremble before him, all the earth!...
Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns!”

Prayer of Praise
Heavenly Father we want to praise you this morning because you are the Lord, you reign from on high, you pour out your grace into the lives of unworthy people like us. God, you alone are worthy to be praised.  You are altogether holy and your plans are good and unfailing.  As we gather together this morning I pray that you would be glorified in the hearts, minds, and actions of your people.  That our worship might rise as a sweet aroma into heavenly places.  That you would be glorified and we would be edified.  We ask this in Jesus name, amen.

Song 1: Doxology

Intro to: O for a thousand tongues to sing
(Psalm 35:27-28)
Let those who delight in righteousness shout for joy and be glad and say evermore, 
“Great is the Lord, who delights in the welfare of his servant!”
 …My tongue shall tell of your righteousness and of your praise all the day long.

Song 2: o for a thousand tongues to sing

Let us read the Word of God together

Congregational Reading (Romans 7:21-25)
…I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Song 3: War rages

Intro to: Love me to the end (ROmans 5:8)

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Song 4: love me to the end

Please be seated

Prayer of Confession before the Offering
Heavenly Father, we admit to you this morning that we are poor and needy.  So often we give into the desires of the flesh and worship the creation rather than the creator.  Lord, forgive us and help us to love you more than ourselves.  Help us to love you more than the things of this world.  Help us, as we walk through this world, to hold on to the things of this world loosely.  Free us from selfish desires and give us a love for you and your commandments so that we can give freely and joyful for both the physical and spiritual good of others and for your glory.  We ask these things in Jesus name, amen.

Offering

Intro to: Farther along (James 1:12)
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

Please stand and sing Farther Along

Song 5: farther along

Intro to: Let us love and sing and wonder
(Rev 1:5-7, Phil 2:10-11)

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood  and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.  Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

Song 6: let us love and sing and wonder

You may be seated

Scripture Reading (Acts 2)

Prayer of illumination

Sermon

Prayer of Intercession

Song of Benediction: Let us love and sing and wonder

Welcome Dani Frederick into church membership

Dismiss

No comments:

Post a Comment