Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Enjoy musing with me.

Monday, February 14, 2011

February 13, 2011


Order of Worship
Lord’s Day Morning: Sunday, February 13, 2011

Call To Worship
Welcome.  I’d like to invite you to lift up your eyes and see the one from whom your help comes – The Lord, who made the heavens and the earth.

Please stand and hear the Word of God from Acts 17 this morning…

The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything… And he is actually not far from each one of us, for “‘in him we live and move and have our being’; “‘For we are indeed his offspring.’ 

Prayer of Praise
Heavenly Father, we come together to praise you this morning because you are the Lord, the almighty maker of heaven and earth.  You alone are worthy to be praised.  You are not a God who is far off, but a God who is near.  In you we live and move and have our being, for we are indeed your offspring.  We thank you for the privilege of being your sons and daughters through faith in Christ. We ask that you would cleanse us from sin enable us to worship in spirit and in truth this morning.  Lord you have promised to be near to all those who trust you.  Lord, be near to us.  Fill us with your Holy Spirit and work in us and through us this morning.  Conform us more and more into your holy image.  May you be glorified, in Jesus name, Amen.

Intro To: Praise To the Lord, the Almighty
Sing, Praise To the Lord, the Almighty, the King of Creation, Your Help and Salvation!

Song 1: Praise To the Lord, the Almighty

Intro To: Be Thou My Vision
Be Thou My Vision, O Lord of my heart!

Song 2: Be Thou My Vision

Let us read the Word of God together…

Congregational Reading (Psalm 23)
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures.  He leads me beside still waters.  He restores my soul.  He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, 
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, 
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies; 
you anoint my head with oil; 
my cup overflows. 
 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life, 
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever. 

Intro To: I Am Not Ashamed to Own My Lord (Luke 9:23)
Jesus, the Good Shepherd, said, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.”

Song 3: I Am Not Ashamed to Own My Lord

Intro To: Before the Throne of God Above (Isaiah 49:16a & 18b)
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands…As I live, declares the Lord.

Song 4: Before the Throne of God Above

Please be seated

Intro To: Offering (2 Corinthians 9:6-9)
Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.  Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. As it is written, “He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.”


Heavenly Father, we acknowledge that you are the rightful owner and Lord of everything in heaven and on the earth.  The birds of the air, the fish of the sea, the cattle on a thousand hills, the riches of the universe, our very lives are all yours.  Lord forgive us for sometimes living and thinking as if this wasn’t true.  Lord straighten our crooked backs that our naturally turned inward on ourselves.  Lift up our heads and open our eyes to see you for who you are.  Give us clean hands and give us pure hearts that we may be channels of your grace and your mercy.  Lord, send your grace in boundless waves and fill us to overflowing so that we may freely and joyfully give of our time, our gifts and abilities, and our money for the furtherance of your kingdom and for the glory of your name.  We ask this in Jesus name, Amen.

Offering  (Offertory: It is Finished)

Please and stand and sing It is Finished together

Song 5: It is Finished/When I Think About the Lord

Please be seated

Scripture Reading (Acts 3:1-12)

Prayer of Illumination

Sermon

Prayer of Intercession

Song of Benediction: It Is Finished

Benediction (Philippians 4:19&21)
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Dismiss
You are dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment