Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Enjoy musing with me.

Monday, February 21, 2011

February 20, 2011


Order of Worship
Lord’s Day Morning: February 20, 2011

Call to Worship
Good Morning.  I’d like to welcome you this morning in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit to worship the Lord, the almighty creator of heaven and earth, our Savior and Lord, together.

(From I Peter 1&2)
Knowing this, that all those who are trusting in Jesus Christ alone have been ransomed from the futile ways of this world, not with silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Jesus Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.  He has called us out of darkness into his marvelous light so that our faith and hope are in Him.

Please stand with me for prayer this morning…

Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving  
Lord we want to praise you this morning because you are the way, the truth, and the life.  We want to thank you for calling us out of darkness into your marvelous light.  We were once dead in our trespasses and sins and you made us alive.  We were once blind but now we see.  Lord, thank you for sending Jesus into this world to pay the penalty for our sins.  Lord, we don’t deserve your grace but we want to thank you and praise you for it.  Lord, fill us with your Holy Spirit and enable us to worship you rightly this morning.  We ask this in Jesus name, amen.

Intro to:  Marvelous Light (I Peter 2:9)
You are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Song 1: Marvelous Light

Congregational Reading (Exodus 20)
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor thy father and thy mother.
Thou shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Thou shalt not covet.


Intro to: War Rages (Romans 7:21-24)
I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.  For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.  Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?  Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Song 2: War Rages

Intro to: Breathing the Breath (Acts 17:24-25)
The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything.

Song 3: Breathing the Breath

Prayer of Confession
Lord, we have nothing to give that didn’t first come from your hand.  We have nothing to offer you that you did not first provide.  Every good and perfect gift comes from your kind and gracious heart.  And all we do is give back to you what always has been yours.  Lord, please accept our offering this morning and use it to glorify for your name.  We ask this in Jesus name, Amen

Offering (Offertory: Breathing the Breath)

Intro to: In Christ Alone
In CHRIST ALONE our HOPE is found!

Song 4: In Christ Alone

Intro to: I’ll Fly Away
All those who hope in Christ alone are strangers and exiles on this earth, who desire a better country, a heavenly one.  Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.

Song 5: I’ll Fly Away

Scripture Reading (Acts 3)

Prayer of Illumination

Sermon

Prayer of Intercession

Song of Benediction: In Christ Alone

Benediction (Philippians 4:19&21)
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Invitation to Baptism

Dismiss







No comments:

Post a Comment