Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Enjoy musing with me.

Monday, January 24, 2011

January 23, 2011

Order of Worship
Lord’s Day Morning: January 23, 2011

Call to Worship

Welcome.  It is good to be in the Lord’s house on the Lord’s day with the Lord’s people to worship the Lord.  May He alone be glorified this morning.

Please stand…

And hear the word of the Lord from Psalm 33:1-9

1 Shout for joy in the Lord, O you righteous! Praise befits the upright.
Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre; make melody to him with the harp of ten strings!
Sing to him a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts. For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord. By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host.
He gathers the waters of the sea as a heap; he puts the deeps in storehouses. Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.
Prayer of Praise

Heavenly Father, we come together this morning as your people to worship you.  You alone are worthy to be praised.  Lord we stand in awe of you this morning because you spoke the heavens and earth into existence and you uphold them by your mighty hand.  You created man and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.  The earth is full of your steadfast love.  You have given us both physical and spiritual life and our desire this morning in response to all that you are and all that you have done is to praise you with all of our heart, and soul, and mind, and strength.  May your Spirit fill us this morning and enable us to bring genuine praise that will be honoring and glorifying to you.  We ask this in Jesus name, amen.

Intro to: this is my Father’s world
this is my Father’s world!

Song 1: this is my Father’s world (Praise)

Intro to: Your Love o Lord (Psalm 35:5-6)
Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; your judgments are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O Lord.
Your Love O Lord.

Song 2: your love o lord (Praise)

Let us Read the Word of God together.

Congregational reading (Psalm 25:1-7)(confession)
To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
O my God, in you I trust; let me not be put to shame; let not my enemies exult over me.
Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame; they shall be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous. Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love, for they have been from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions; according to your steadfast love remember me, for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!
Intro to: God be merciful to me
God be Merciful to Me!  On thy grace i rest my plea!

Song 3: God be merciful to me (Confession)

Intro to: nothing without you (Psalm 73:25-26)
Lord, Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Song 4: nothing without you (COnfession)

please be seated.

Reading: John 15:1-11 (COnfession/Affirmation)
Jesus said in John 15:1-11, “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

This is the Word of God…Amen

Gentlemen if you would come forward to receive the offering

Prayer of Confession before Offering
Heavenly Father, we want to admit to you and each other that we have nothing and we are nothing without you.  You are the source of every good thing that we have and we want to thank you because you have given us so much.  Lord, forgive us for sometimes loving the things of this world more than you.  Enable us to keep your commandments and so abide in your love.  May the song of our hearts be as that of the Psalmist who said “whom have I in heaven but you and earth there is nothing I desire but you for you are our strength and our portion forever.”  Lord, as we give this morning enable us to give, not out of obligation, but with full acknowledgment and understanding that you give us life and breath and everything and enable us to give with joy and gratitude and satisfaction in our hearts to you, our Lord and Savior our strength and our portion forever.  And we ask this in Jesus name, amen.

offering

intro to: before there was time (Isaiah 53:6)
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him, the only begotten Son of God, the iniquity of us all.

Please stand and sing, before there was time.

Song 5: before there was time (Affirmation)

Intro to: how deep the father’s love (I John 3:1)
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.
How deep the father’s love for us! 

Song 6: how deep the Father’s love (Affirmation)

Scripture reading (Acts 2:42-47)

prayer of illumination

sermon

prayer of interession

song of benediction: How Deep the Father’s Love

Welcome the istes and taylors into membership

blessing (Based on Psalm 33:20-22)
May your soul wait for the Lord; your help and your shield.  May your hearts be glad in him because you trust in his holy name.  And, may the steadfast love of the Lord be upon you as you hope in him.

You are dismissed 

No comments:

Post a Comment