Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Enjoy musing with me.

Monday, January 10, 2011

January 9, 2011

Order of Worship
January 9, 2011

Call to Worship

Psalm 86:1-7 (A Prayer of David)
1 Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.
Preserve my life, for I am godly; save your servant, who trusts in you—you are my God.
Be gracious to me, O Lord, for to you do I cry all the day.
Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.
Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; listen to my plea for grace.
In the day of my trouble I call upon you, for you answer me.

Prayer

Song 1: Quietly

Intro To: O Help My Unbelief
Jesus ministered to a boy who was possessed with a demon.  His Father asked, “If you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.”  Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”  Let us sing this song together as prayer that God would help our unbelief.

Song 2: O Help My Unbelief

Congregational Reading
Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 9-13)
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.  Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread.  And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.

Song 3: Let Your Kingdom Come


Intro To: Breathing the Breath
Psalm 150:1,2&6 
Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens!  Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!

Song 4: Breathing the Breath

Prayer for the Offering (To express lyrics from Breathing the Breath and Acts 17:22-32)

Offering

Song 5: I Need Thee Every Hour
This song is a prayer that expresses our great need for God’s grace, “every hour.”  Let us sing this together as an expression of our dependence on God.  I Need Thee Every Hour

Song 6: All I have is Christ
Praise be to God! We have a risen Savior who sits at the right hand of God as our high priest and intercedes on our behalf.  This song is a prayer that expresses our own unworthiness and God’s Amazing Grace.  Sing together, All I have is Christ.

Scripture Reading (Acts 2:42-47)

Prayer of Illumination

Sermon

Prayer of Intercession

Song of Benediction: All I have is Christ

Dismiss

No comments:

Post a Comment